With the same premium quality as always, preserving the old school tradition of manufacturing in cast iron, our industrial roasters are impressive when processing cocoa beans and dry fruits.
Our CRS-F roasters roast dry fruits without salt.
Whatever fruit is going to be roasted, it needs to be carefully analyzed to make the perfect roast.
The processing of the fruit depends on several factors and the roasting process is the most important, because if the roast is not done correctly the end result will not be as expected.
When roasting cocoa or dry fruits, the roasting should be slower as these fruits are more delicate. The control of the drum speed, the power of the burner and the control of the hot air are very important to obtain the perfect roast.
Cocoa and dry fruits can be roasted manually or automatically in the CRS-F models with the BRIGUS Roasting Profile System.
BRIGUS controls all the operating functions and parameters of the CRS-F roasters; control of the on-off switch, load and discharge, burner- manually or in automated mode, flow of air through the fan, roasting time, bean and air temperature and roaster maintenance record.
Additionally, BRIGUS will allow the roast master to define the roast profile using a roasted lot or other lot previously created in the database. You can also modify parameters such as bean temperature, burner and fan during the roasting process. BRIGUS will also analyze all the information from each roast and its profile stored in the data base, lot by lot or by comparing lots.
Cocoa and dry fruits CRS-F industrial roaster models are offered in 30, 60, 120 and 240 kg batch capacity.
- JOPER Roasters are made with High-Quality CAST IRON components and hand craft individual for best roast quality, control and consistency.
- Roasting drum with double wall, special mixing paddles and speed variation ensure optimal movement and mixing for excellent roasting results.
- 4 separate Premium Efficiency motors. All direct drive for quietness and low maintenance: Drum drive, cooling pan stir arms, roaster fan and cooler fan.
- Multiple thermocouples included: Bean, oven and exhaust air temperature.
- Separate cyclone with high efficiency of separation and easy emptying of the bin for chaff.
- The flow of hot air, that allows the beans and dry fruits to be roasted is controlled and adjusted by a speed variator.
- Simultaneous roasting and cooling using separate suction of the cooling and roasting fans.
- Drum bearings in cast iron housings remotely mounted away from the hot roaster wall for extra-long life. All bearings and seals are SKF brand.
- Stainless steel cooler with large surface, one discharge door, agitator with separate drive and high-pressure fan to quickly cool the beans/dry fruits to the required temperature to lock in the aroma.
- Water Quench Safety System is operated by hand and applied in the drum and roaster cyclone. This system is only for emergencies!
- Easy operator control with sight glass to see how your beans are flowing inside the drum.
- Sampler trier, temperature digital controller is provided to enable the roasting process to be monitored all time.
- Atmospheric gas burner with low emissions (Low NOx) with complete gas train and all safety accessories.
- Adjustable flame modulation of gas burner 10-100% with manual or automatic control.
- Fully insulated with high temperature insulation blanket making the roaster very quiet and high energy efficient.
- Electric control board to check and control the roasting process, with temperature digital displays, On/Off switches, Emergency button and all security components.
- Gas and electric safety device with standards rules.
- Hand crank for emptying the drum roaster in case of power outages.
- The standard color of our CRS-F roasters is Black (RAL 9005) with silver details (RAL 9006). Other colors can be selected in the RAL color catalogue.
- BRIGUS roasting profile software developed by JOPER.
- Pressure transducer to control the gas pressure in the PLC.
- Adjustable flame modulation of gas burner 10-100% controlled automatically with our roasting profile software BRIGUS or manual control via touch panel.
- Adjustable airflow controlled automatically with our roasting profile software BRIGUS or manual control via touch panel.
- GREEN BEAN LOADER – Hopper with scale and display for discharging cocoa beans and dry fruits bags with connecting pipes to the roaster’s hopper with long ray curves to avoid losses.
- DESTONER – Column that rises the roasted cocoa beans and/or roasted dry fruits, with the same cooler fan, made through the reception base with coffee platform that collects the rocks and coffee outsider substances.
- AFTERBURNER – Post combustion equipment with modulation control to correct pollutant emissions into the atmosphere, thus achieving a high level of protection of the environment.
- REMOTE ASSISTANCE – Remotely scan and check for anomalies in the software – Only for CRS-F models.
Chocolaterie du Pecq, specialized in making chocolate and praliné chocolate, has grown with time, combining both tradition and modernity that is why they chose Joper Roasters, which combines tradition in manufactuting the roasters and inovation, has instaled a CRS 120. This Roaster roasts dry fruits and cocoa which are the main ingredients to make their wonderful chocolate.
Regardless of the method and capacity, we have the perfect solution for you.